FIXIT® Paste is a 2-part paste used to permanently repair, bond, cast & seal most anything. Self-leveling batter-like consistency is stir-able, can be spread thick or thin for durable surface coat. Tint with pigments to create or match desired color. Safe alternative to fiberglass & other casting resins, works great with flexible molds. Cures to a rock hard, semi-gloss finish that can be sanded, drilled, machined or painted. Outdoor & marine applications; stands up to UV rays; is impervious to water, fuels & chemicals. Patch holes & cracks, seal leaks (non-conductive, safe to use with potable water). Working time of 1-3 hrs. Full cure 24 hrs. FIXIT® Paste is non-hazardous, waterproof, with 0% shrinkage. Adheres to metals, wood, most plastics, PVC, fiberglass, stone, ceramic & more. Tackle your toughest repair jobs!
- FIXIT® Paste is a self-hardening, 2-part product (A & B must be mixed)
- Semi-fluid consistency, self-leveling
- White color
- Non-hazardous, non-flammable.
- Conforms to with ASTM D4236.
- Extremely adhesive, durable and strong; Industrial Strength with no solvents or fumes; stands up better to UV, fuels, fuel vapors, acids, outdoors, and more
- Adheres to almost any clean surface including ceramic, porcelain, fiberglass, foam, fabrics, metal, plastic, glass, stone, wood, cement & more!
- Waterproof, safe to use with potable water
- Electrically non-conductive
- 0% shrinkage
- Working time is about 1-3 hours, cures rock hard overnight (24 hour full cure)
- Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up, or can be tapped or drilled, sanded, filed, painted, or otherwise finished to match the repaired item
- Freeze-thaw stable
- Easy clean-up with Aves® Safety Solvent or soap & water.
*Wear appropriate disposable gloves [e.g., vinyl or nitrile] when blending parts A&B... [S 37] *To make paste thinner, gently heat ‘Part A’ package in hot water or microwave package in 10 second increments (no more then 40 seconds) to a brush-able state. *Caution, product will be Hot & Sticky! Allow product to cool before handling or mixing with Part B. Heating this product will accelerate working time.
1. Measure equal parts of A & B. Both have a batter-like consistency. Use of a craft stick & a disposable mixing surface or vessel is highly recommended.2. Mix vigorously, about 2 minutes, until product feels warm and a uniform color is achieved. *Note that incomplete mixing will give poor results. Paste can be tinted with a small amount of paint or pigment after mixing (A+B) to match or create a desired color. A little colorant goes a long way.3. Paste is now ready to use and has a working time of 1-3 hours. It can be spread thick or thin with a tool/craft stick, or poured for casting. 4. Clean up with soap & water or Aves® Safety Solvent, which is also very helpful for smoothing.
*24 hour cure time is required for product to be waterproof and for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, tapping, drilling & painting. *Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding/grinding cured Paste... [S 39/36] *Keep containers sealed when not in use. *Keep out of reach of children...[S 2] *Extend shelf life by refrigerating or freezing.
Many industry applications; as an adhesive for mending & filling; alterations; model making; prototypes, casting/molds, customizing, fabricating, sealing, or smoothing surfaces; apply to porous & non-porous materials to add texture, or a hard, durable shell (paste does not eat foam). Arts & crafts; antique restorations; home, toy, doll, and ceramic repairs; glass art; jewelry; stone setting; outdoor projects; interior/exterior auto & marine applications; water tanks; fountain, pool & plumbing repiars; patch holes & cracks, seal leaks; (safe to use with potable water, non-conductive). FIXIT® Paste is a safe alternative to fiberglass & other casting resins, works great with flexible molds! Can be tinted with pigments to match or create a desired color; note that adding pigments can alter products original consistency. Press materials such as grit, stones/glass, or tiles into mixed surface for additional effects. Smoothes and cleans up easily with Aves® Safety Solvent. FIXIT® Paste self-hardens with a working time of 1-3 hours, set time is 6 hours, 24 hour full cure. Sand, drill, grind, machine and paint to finish if desired.
All service persons who carry a tool box need to carry FIXIT® Paste for emergency repairs!
*Fixit Paste® can be tinted with paints or colorants while mixing to match or create a desired color. Smoothes and cleans up really easily with Aves® Safety Solvent.