FIXIT® is a universal multi-media repair compounds used to fill, boind, seal, customize, fabricate, and repair most anything. This innovative proudct offers 3-D sculptability, and will cure to a rock hard waterproof finish without shrinking or cracking. FIXIT® is safe and easy to use unlike solvent-based epoxies. FIXIT® sets-up underwater, stands up to UV rays, fuels, and heat up to 500˚ F. Self-hardens, working time of 2 - 3 hours & 24 hour full cure. It has been proven effective on metals, plastics, fiberglass, glass, ceramic, porceline, wood, stone, masonry, cement, drywall, tile, foam, resins & more. Ut can be sanded, tapped, drilled, threaded, ground, carved, lathed, tooled or otherwise finished without chipping, cracking or flaking. FIXIT® can be painted wet or dry and accepts all types of paint. Uses include industry applications such as customizing, fabricating, sealing, smoothing surfaces, mending, and filling leaks, holes, gaps & more; arts & crafts; antique restorations; home, toy & doll repairs; model making; prototypes, casting, molds, outdoor projects; auto/marine body & mecahnical applications, and so much more!
- FIXIT® is a self-hardening, 2-part product
- Putty-like consistency
- Extremely adhesive, durable and strong; stands up to UV, fuels, outdoors, etc.
- Safe up to 500 degrees F.
- Adheres to almost any clean surface including ceramic, fiberglass, foam, glass, metal, plastic, stone, wood, more!
- Marine & Exterior Quality
- Waterproof & non-conductive
- 0% shrinkage/ 0% cracking
- Open working time about 2-3 hours, cures hard overnight (24 hour full cure).
- Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up, or can be tapped or drilled, sanded, filed, painted, or otherwise finished to match the repaired item
- Non-hazardous, non-flammable; no solvents or fumes.
- Conforms to ASTM D.4236.
- Easy clean-up with Aves® Safety Solvent or soap & water
*Wear appropriate disposable gloves [e.g., vinyl or nitrile] when blending parts A and B... [S 37]
- Measure equal parts of A&B; both have a putty-like consistency. Mix & knead together 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined and a uniform color is achieved. *Note that incomplete mixing will give poor results.
- FIXIT® is now ready to use and has a working time of 2-3 hrs. FIXIT® can be smoothed or textured with a finger or tool and water or Aves® Safety Solvent before set-up. Paint wet or dry.
- Clean up with soap and water or Aves® Safety Solvent.
*24 hour cure time is required for product to be waterproof and for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, grinding, drilling, tapping, tooling, carving, lathing, etc.
*Shelf life can be extended by refrigerating or freezing. FIXIT® is freeze-thaw stable.
*Keep containers sealed when not in use.
*Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding or grinding cured FIXIT®... [S 36]
*Keep out of reach of children...[S 2]
HOUSEHOLD & SHOP REPAIRS
Patches and fills holes and cracks, and fabricates parts. Use on doors, walls, dry wall & floors, tile, cement, grouting, chairs, cabinets, furniture, toys & dolls, jewelry, statues, tools, machine parts, and so much more. Ideal for antique restorations.
PLUMBING & UNDERWATER REPAIRS
Sinks, oil and water tanks, seals and plugs leaks, etc. Permanent custom formed gaskets.
Boat, pool & aquarium repairs.
Safe for lines carrying potable water.
CAR BODY & MECHANICAL REPAIRS
Dent/hole repairing. Great for fuel tanks, radiators, exhaust systems, metals and dissimilar component bonding. Safe up to 500 degrees F.
ARTISTS, SCULPTORS & HOBBYISTS
Indoor & outdoor displays. Theme park & aquarium repairs and fabrications. Motion picture studio effects and props. Statue repairs. Use in place of lead for stained glass windows. Model, hobby and craft uses such as rocket fillets and reinforcements, model cars, trucks, boats, planes, etc., and doll and figure character repairs, fabrications & customization.