Clayshay™ is innovative, safe and non-hazardous with no asbestos and 0% shrinkage. Mix thick to feel like clay or mix thin to feel like maché. This product has a double set to lock in details and eliminate shrinkage. It has a light brown body, is lightweight, strong & very versatile for universal applications as a clay or a maché. It can be carved, filed, sanded, painted, or otherwise finished after set-up.
- Minimum dust when mixing
- High Quality Results
- Light Brown/Beige Color
- Incredible shelf life! (10 + years if kept dry!)
- Easy Clean-up
- 0% Shrinkage
- Fun to Use!
- ClayShay™ has a double set to lock in details & eliminate shrinkage. The first soft set occurs about one hour after mixing ClayShay™ with water. The second, hard set, occurs when moisture dries off in 1 to 4 days.
- ClayShay™ can be carved, filed, sanded, painted or other wise finished after set up.
- Measure dry paper maché powder as needed and mix with water to desired consistency. Maché is now ready for use.
- Set-up time is about 1 hour, depending on the mixed consistency. ClayShay can be carved after set-up time has passed and until it is fully cured. Maché is fully cured when moisture dries off in 1 to 4 days. Simple water clean-up. Finish and paint as desired.
*Suggested ratios: 5 parts maché to 1 part water, claylike applications. 3 parts maché to 1 part water, batter like for casting & molds.
*Keep out of reach of children...[S 2]. Safe for all ages when used as directed. *Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding cured maché...[S 39/36] *Conforms to ASTM D4236.
Be Creative with Traditional or New Uses! . . . sculpting, design & art prototypes, casting, model construction, theatrical props, model railroad scenery, artificial rocks, habitat, base & mannikin building, wildlife art, conventional clay & maché hand lay-up applications, more!
*ClayShay™ has a double set to lock in details & eliminate shrinkage. The first soft set occurs about one hour after mixing ClayShay™ with water ...thats the perfect time to start carving on the surface for details!