Apoxie® Paste is an innovative adhesive medium used to permanently fill, bond, seal, customize & fabricate most materials. This all-purpose 2-part paste is safe & easy to use. Batter-like consistency is stir-able, yet thick enough that it tends to stay put; spread thick or thin with a tool or craft stick. When applied thin it is slightly translucent. Tint with pigments to match or create a desired color. Smoothes with water to a semi-gloss finish. Working time 1-3 hours; 24 hour full cure; sand & paint if desired. It is waterproof, with 0% shrinkage, & gripping flexibility. Adheres to many plastics, resin, polymers, glass, metals, wood, stone, foam, & more. Simple water clean-up or use Aves® Safety Solvent. Great for arts & crafts, jewelry, stone setting, taxidermy applications & casting with flexible molds. Apply to foam or other materials for a hard surface coat, add texture to both porous & non-porous surfaces.
- Self-hardening, 2-part product (A & B must be mixed)
- Semi-batter like consistency
- Khaki color, slightly translucent
- Waterproof, safe to use with potable water
- Electrically non-conductive
- 0% shrinkage
- Extremely adhesive, durable and strong
- Adheres to almost any clean surface including ceramic, fiberglass, foam, fabrics, metal, plastic, glass, stone, wood, & more!
- Non-hazardous, non-flammable, no solvents or fumes. Conforms to ASTM D4236.
- Working time is about 3 hours, cures hard overnight (24 hour full cure)
- Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up, or can be tapped or drilled, sanded, filed, painted, or otherwise finished to match the repaired item.
- Freeze-thaw stable
- Easy clean-up with Aves® Safety Solvent or soap & water.
*Wear appropriate disposable gloves [e.g., vinyl or nitrile] when blending parts A&B... [S 37] *To make paste thinner, gently heat ‘Part A’ package in hot water or microwave package in 10 second increments (no more then 40 seconds) to a brush-able state. *Caution, product will be Hot & Sticky! Allow product to cool before handling or mixing with Part B. Heating this product will accelerate working time.
1. Measure equal parts of A & B. Both have a batter-like consistency. Use of a craft stick & a disposable mixing surface or vessel is highly recommended.2. Mix vigorously, about 2 minutes, until product feels warm and a uniform color is achieved. *Note that incomplete mixing will give poor results. Paste can be tinted with a small amount of paint or pigment after mixing (A+B) to match or create a desired color. A little colorant goes a long way.3. Paste is now ready to use and has a working time of 1-3 hours. It can be spread thick or thin with a tool/craft stick, or poured for casting. 4. Clean up with soap & water or Aves® Safety Solvent, which is also very helpful for smoothing.
*24 hour cure time is required for product to be waterproof and for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, tapping, drilling & painting. *Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding/grinding cured Paste... [S 39/36] *Keep containers sealed when not in use. *Keep out of reach of children...[S 2] *Extend shelf life by refrigerating or freezing.
Arts & Crafts; Antique Restorations; Glass Art; Jewelry; Manufacturing; Stone Setting; Home, Toy & Doll Repairs (egg shell cracking & crazed eyes); Scenery & Habitat applications; Woodcarving; Wildlife Art (use as an adhesive for bonding jaw sets, preventing drumming, fish & fin repairs, bones/skulls, and form alterations); Model Making, Prototypes, Casting, & much more.
Apoxie® Paste works great in flexible molds! Apply to foam or other materials for a hard & durable shell, add texture to both porous & non-porous surfaces. (Apoxie® Paste does not eat foam). Cures slightly translucent when thinly applied. Paste can be tinted with pigments to match or create a desired color; note that adding pigments can alter products original consistency. Press texture stamps or materials such as sand or mica powder into mixed surface for additional effects. *Smoothes & cleans up easily with Aves® Safety Solvent. Apoxie® Paste self-hardens with a working time of 1-3 hours, set time is 6 hours, 24 hour full cure. Sand & paint to finish if desired.
*Apoxie Paste® can be tinted with paints or colorants while mixing to match or create a desired color. Smoothes and cleans up really easily with Aves® Safety Solvent.
*Apoxie Paste works great in Flexible molds!
* Apply over top of foam for a nice hard surface coat (Apoxie Paste does not eat foam)