Apoxie Clay is the ultimate permanent, self-hardening, synthetic clay. that combines the features & benefits of sculpting clay with those of epoxies. This product offers enhanced detail properties, plasticity, accuracy and handling features make this clay very user friendly. Apoxie Clay offers superior modeling, impressions and detail finishing, with a flat skin-like texture.
- Premium Quality, User friendly
- Clay-like texture with superior plasticity, accuracy & handling
- Enhanced detailing
- 2-3 hour working time
- Self-hardening, no ovens, kilns or fumes
- 0% shrinking & 0% cracking
- Non-hazardous, No solvents or fumes.
- Complies with ASTM D.4236.
- Adheres permanently to clean surfaces: porcelain, ceramic, vinyl kits, polymers, foam, fiberglass, wood, some plastics, and more!
- Hard & durable finish; can be sanded, tapped, drilled, carved, lathed, or otherwise tooled, without chipping, cracking or flaking. Paint or stain wet or dry.
- Clay-like texture gives professional painting and finishing results
- Freeze-thaw stable
*Wear appropriate disposable gloves [e.g., vinyl or nitrile] when blending parts A and B... [S 37]
- Measure equal parts of A&B. Both have a clay-like consistency. Mix & knead together 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined and a uniform color is achieved. *Note that incomplete mixing will give poor results.
- Apoxie® Clay is now ready to use & has a working time of 2-3 hrs. Apoxie® Clay can be smoothed or textured with a finger or tool and water or Aves® Safety Solvent before set-up. It can be painted wet or dry.
- Clean up with soap and water or Aves® Safety Solvent.
*24 hour cure time is required for product to be waterproof and for hard finishing purposes such as sanding, grinding, drilling, tapping, tooling, etc.
*Wear goggles & dust mask when sanding or grinding cured Apoxie® Clay... [S 36]
*Shelf life can be extended by refrigerating or freezing.
*Keep containers sealed when not in use.
*Keep out of reach of children...[S 2]
Crafts & Hobbies - Sculptures, molds, detailed impressions, finger prints etc. Repairs & Restorations - Antiques, dolls, ceramics, pottery, vases, statues, museum work, furniture, etc. Art, Design, Model Making & Special Effects - Create or add to models, fill & cover seams, cracks, holes; fabricate or extend parts; woodcarving; wildlife art; scenery & habitat applications; create dioramas, prototypes; gaming; miniatures & more! Exterior Quality!
*Can be seamlessly feathered before set-up with a paint brush and the use of Aves® Safety Solvent for fine details; use water for smoothing large surface areas of your project.
*Wearing gloves when mixing A+B is not only helpful for clean up, but ensures thorough mixing of the product.
* If Apoxie® Clay is to sticky to work with at first, allow the product to sit/rest for 20 minutes, as time passes the product will be less sticky and more form-able for detail.
*To keep the product from sticking to your hands try rubbing a bit of extra virgin olive oil on your finger tips to keep the product from sticking.